We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants in bath

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants in bath

Any recommendations for restaurants in Bath please?

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants in bath

Depends on what you want. Bath has the full spectrum from top of the range (The Old Parsonage Hotel, The Royal Crescent etc), to mid-range, to bistro/cafe.

Also what nationality do you want - Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Thai, Italian, French, Lebanese, fusion ... or vegetarian? etc etc

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants in bath

Sorry, I meant The Priory Hotel, not the Old Parsonage (that one's in Oxford).

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants in bath

Not mad on french food but a gastropub type place would be good. Also like Italian and thai in particular - not chains though

thanks

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants in bath

If you are interested in stepping a few hundred yards outside the "main" area, then you could do worse than two places on Widcombe Parade, just 500 yards behind (ie south) of the station.

The Ring o' Bells (a food pub, very small, always full)

Le Petit Cochon (a French bar and small bistro)

Also very nice is Fishworks (a wet fish shop and restaurant combined), and the Firehouse Bistro which is well placed and close to a very nice traditional pub.

http://www.fishworks.co.uk/restaurantbath.asp

http://www.firehouserotisserie.co.uk/

http://www.ringobellsbath.com/

http://www.lepetitcochon.co.uk/

So many restaurants, so little time ...

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants in bath

Hi ivs2711 and Holidaybunney... I second that one..the Fishworks restaurant... you can go there for lunch and have a full blown fish feast or just a light lunch - lovely fresh fish of all kinds, and mixed green salads with all sorts of leaves in them. Then there's the bread chunks, served with pesto dip and aioli dip.... and the little cube of extremely chocolatey cake that comes with the espresso coffee at the end.... mmmm !

While on the subject of fish.... ivs2711, now that Evans fish and chip shop in the centre of Bath next to Marks and Spencers has gone.... do you know where there is another central fish 'n chip restaurant (apart from the one in Kingsmead Square) that sells equally good fish 'n chips ?

Thanks, Nolana

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants in bath

Hi Nolana - no, and I really wish I did. I have been looking for a good chippie in Bath since I moved here 18 months ago, leaving my fabulous one behind in Oxford (sob).

We use the chip shop on the main road in Combe Down - others think it is really good. I have also used the one in Bathampton but the youngsters who work in there don't make a visit a particular pleasure!

If you find one, please let us know!

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants in bath

thanks for your suggestions - will book a few of these as we will be there over the bank hol w/e

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
100 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants in bath

any Greek/Italian ideas?

(actually anything other than a fish 'n chip place.....)

thanks!

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants in bath

Bath has some really good Italian restaurants. For a great river view, and more up-market than a pizzeria, there's Il Tocco d'Italia on Spring Gardens Road, 0044 1225 311184. A new Italian in a converted church on Walcot Street is Zaza! Ristorante, serving southern Italian, 00441225 471371. Don't know any Greek - Nolana may.

Bath, UK
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurants in bath

Bath24 lists (under different food types eg Italian), but doesn't yet rate Bath restaurants, and includes a pic and brief details of each. (I edit it, but I think I've stuck to the posting guidelines here).

Get answers to your questions about Bath
Recent Conversations