We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly lodging in Bath

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
48 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Dog friendly lodging in Bath

We're thinking about taking a long weekend trip from London to Bath and would like to know if anyone has had experience with dog friendly lodging?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
190 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly lodging in Bath

the royal crescent takes animals even those with four legs.

Pricey but a great place to stay and lots of trees in their garden.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
48 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog friendly lodging in Bath

Thanks!

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog friendly lodging in Bath

I would LOVE to have a dog for the weekend ! so if you get totally stuck, send me a PM.

My wife left me (not a problem)

she went back to her native Budapest (again, not a problem).

she took the dog: PROBLEM !

I have to fly 1,000 miles just to stroke the dog, so the opportunity to have one for a weekend is not to be passed up.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
48 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog friendly lodging in Bath

Oh Dear! I suspect getting a new dog for companionship at the local rescue center might be better for you. Unless you want to open a new business in your home where you offer a place to board dogs for people who need to leave their dogs nearby.

Sorry for your loss.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog friendly lodging in Bath

Hi TonyMnLA

if you do an "advanced search" on the accommodation pages of the www.visitbath.co.uk website you should be able to find several options (though I guess it is best to double check with the owner before booking). Bath is quite nice dog-walking country if you don't mind a few hills (or just limit yourself to the canal/city parks if you do!).

It wouldn't be quite the same, RC, but you could become a volunteer dogwalker up at Claverton.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
48 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dog friendly lodging in Bath

We're finding a few hotels and Inns that can handle dogs, thankfully ours travel well and aren't much trouble. Thanks for the link!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
86 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dog friendly lodging in Bath

Friends of mine with a dog were made very welcome at Grosvenor Lodge B and B which is also very good to stay in whether or not you have a pet.

8. Re: Dog friendly lodging in Bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2010, 06:16