We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirencester via Bourton on water to Oxford

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Cirencester via Bourton on water to Oxford

hi, I have from a sunday afternoon until Tuesday afternoon to see the areas from Cirencester, Bourton on the water, Upper & Lower Slaughter , and would like one day in Oxford.

I am asking if that is too much.

Is Bourton & the Slaughters 1 or 2 days in them selves, so I cannot really fit them in? are they a lot different from Cirencester , Tetbury & Bibury, and I really should see them? I would like to have one full day in Oxford.

i think I am really asking if i should go from Cirencester, via Bibury to oxford in 1 day on the Sunday, then go to Blenheim and oxford on Monday & Tuesday morning.

I know this is a bit garbled but I hope its clear.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cirencester
Cirencester
Cotswolds, UK
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Tetbury
Tetbury
Cotswolds, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,352 Reviews
from US$132.70*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,126 Reviews
from US$141.50*
US$157.20
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge Inner Circle Access, Bath...
854 Reviews
from US$200.50*
Stonehenge and Bath Day Trip from...
460 Reviews
from US$106.70*
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cirencester via Bourton on water to Oxford

Cirencester to Oxford via Bibury (with a stop) is an easy half day's journey by car. Fitting in one of Bourton and the Slaughters as well would not be that difficult. Maybe even both but a bit rushed. (Depends on time of year and how early it gets dark)

If you are thinking of public transport - forget it on a Sunday. It's not that easy in the week.

Edited: 01 September 2010, 10:30
Mentioned in this post
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,165 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cirencester via Bourton on water to Oxford

Might be an idea to ask this on the Cotswold forum.

3. Re: Cirencester via Bourton on water to Oxford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 05:21