We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

official spa package

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
official spa package

I was thinking of treating my wife to a day trip to Bath.

The 'official spa package' includes a trip to the Roman Baths, the use of the modern spa and a lunch in the Pump Room.

However there seems to be no saving in buying this package, it even appears to be more expensive than visiting all three places individually.

Are my calculation correct and are there other advantages to buying the package?

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: official spa package

No, I am struggling to understand what they were thinking of when dreaming up this special offer:

Here is a bit of number crunching I did:

Entry to Roman Baths - £11.50 each

Thermae Spa without towel hire - 2 hours - £24 each

3 course set lunch at Pump room (can't see the price but cheapest starter £6.50, main £12.50 and pudding £4.95 = £23.95)

=£59.45

Or buy the pass - £59

Yes it is a bit better value if you order a steak or seabass and maybe you get a side-dish too.

There are plenty of nice restaurants in Bath for lunch, then perhaps visit the pump room for afternoon tea (you don't need to order the whole works).

BTW: It is an easy journey by train from Portsmouth so you might like to check out the 2for1 offers for train travellers:

www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Content.aspx…

Bath, England
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: official spa package

Hi,

I am not sure of the reasoning behind the package originally but I have purchased it as a present for people who have come to stay with me. They got fast tracked into the Roman Baths (which was good as the queue was huge),had the champagne afternoon tea and then the Thermae Bath Spa.

The price is exactly the same as the individual prices if you get the tea (I checked this out) and I expect you get something extra with the lunch to make up for the price difference although I have never booked the lunch.

3. Re: official spa package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2011, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Bath
Recent Conversations