We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday roast

-
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Sunday roast

We are looking for a place in central of Bath that serves good traditional Sunday roast; roast lamb in particular. We prefer our roast to be served medium rather than well-done, and if the place also offer crumble/pudding with custard would be even better.

Any recommendation?

Thank you in advance.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday roast

Are you look for the sort of place that does roasts for a fiver or are you happy to pay a bit more?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday roast

If you find somewhere please let me know! I'm having to go out of town at the mo. In Bath it seems if The food is good the service is poor/the price is outrageous. So I look forward to hearing you've found somewhere:)

-
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday roast

We do not mind about the price but we do not want to go somewhere like Royal Crescent where we will have to have 3 course lunch.

Is the Nineteenth House currently closed?

Thanks.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
70 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday roast

I had a nice sunday roast (lamb - but they did beef and pork too on the day) at The Malborough Tavern which is just round the corner from Royal Crescent. It isn't cheap and you should book but it is very good and the service is excellent.

I hope this is helpful.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday roast

I am pleased that HRmanager was impressed with their lunch At the MT. I found it noisy, average service and average food that IMO is overpriced, and in the case of some items, over cooked! I can't afford to keep going back to a place that on 2 occasions has failed to hit my culinary mark. But if you do go orangecstar and it is good, let me know! BTW The Hop Pole is cheaper than MT and I think better.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday roast

HI, Yes the Nineteenth House is closing (kitchen is closed).

Has anybody been to the King William ("King Bill") on London Road recently? I'm pretty certain they are still doing roasts on Sundays.

In weather like this, though, I'd skip Sunday roast and bag a table outside at Loch Fyne with a seafood platter and a bottle or two of wine!

7. Re: Sunday roast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 23:17