We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stonehendge souvenirs in Bath ;-)

Moscow
Level Contributor
45 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Stonehendge souvenirs in Bath ;-)

Hi everyone!

My question is rather odd but still. I've forgotten to buy some souvenirs for my friend at Stonehendge (no wonder, such a fuss and crowd) :-( I doubt that I would manage to find something related in Bath, but you are, as locals, might know some secret places. Would you advice me some shops?

Or maybe you know that to buy them is possible in London? (I will be there for a couple of days)

Thank you in advance!

Edited: 31 July 2011, 18:20
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,284 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stonehendge souvenirs in Bath ;-)

It's in a different county to Bath so I don't think you'll get any Stonedhenge stuff in Somerset.

Mentioned in this post
Somerset
Somerset
England, UK
Moscow
Level Contributor
45 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stonehendge souvenirs in Bath ;-)

As well as in London? Ughh... ok I'll try to go through :-)

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stonehendge souvenirs in Bath ;-)

Hi

Are you in Bath at the moment? The most likely place is a shop on Orange Grove that sells a few mystical pieces. Sorry, I can't remember its name but it is the shop closest to the Abbey. If they don't stock anything they might be able to suggest where might.

Failing that, try the tourist information centre just south of the Abbey. They sell a few English souvenirs (not just Bath).

If you are just after stonehenge postcards, then I noticed that Bog Island News on Terrace Walk were selling off some good quality postcards 10 for £1! Bog island is really close to both the other shops.

Could you not get a gift from the Roman Baths as a suitable compromise?

Good luck with your hunt; you might be able to buy something online?

Edited: 01 August 2011, 08:03
Mentioned in this post
The Roman Baths
The Roman Baths
18,123 Reviews
Bath, UK
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
74 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stonehendge souvenirs in Bath ;-)

As a last resort, English Heritage have an on-line shop that sells lots of Stonehenge souvenirs. They will mail them overseas (for a fee!). See www.english-heritageshop.org.uk

Mentioned in this post
Stonehenge
Stonehenge
15 Reviews
Bath, UK
Moscow
Level Contributor
45 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stonehendge souvenirs in Bath ;-)

Thank you all, guys! I have a week so I'll try to find something!

Moscow
Level Contributor
45 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stonehendge souvenirs in Bath ;-)

Wow! I did it :-) I bought some souvenirs in Tourist center and in the shop on the Orange grove (actually not the first one, but the second from Abbey). Thank you once again :) I love tripadvisor and real locals who know their city well:)))

7. Re: Stonehendge souvenirs in Bath ;-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 14:15