We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public parking in Bath

Beaconsfield...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Public parking in Bath

Where is the best place to park for a day of sightseeing in Bath? I'd like to see the Roman Baths and Bath Abbey... among others.

Thanks!

Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public parking in Bath

I guess it depends on where you are coming from or staying. We used the park and ride at Lansdowne and then walked to the Abbey and Roman Baths which are very close to the set down point in Bath, and also close to each other, much easir than trying to drive around /through Bath. Buses run about every 15 minutes but note it doesn't seem to operate on Sundays.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public parking in Bath

What day of the week are you coming? I am guessing that you are going to arrive on the M4/A46 in which case Lansdown Park and Ride is a lot less hassle.

Postcode is BA1 9BJ if you have a sat-nav.

Beaconsfield...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public parking in Bath

Thank you!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,959 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public parking in Bath

I would third the recommendation for the Park & Ride service - good value, nice, easy way to enjoy Bath!

See the website for more detail, too:

www.parkandride.net/bath/bath_frameset.shtml

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public parking in Bath

Lots of parking info on this website

visitbath.co.uk/site/…parking-in-bath

When I went to the Thermae Spa for the day last summer (bliss!) I parked in the Avon St car park which is HUGE. it's nearer to the town centre than it looks as you can cut throught the grounds of the college.

6. Re: Public parking in Bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 September 2011, 19:32
7. Re: Public parking in Bath

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 September 2011, 09:28
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
17,306 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public parking in Bath

None of those places you have suggested are ideal for someone coming to visit Bath for the day as a tourist.

I could have suggested several roads in Larkhall and in Twerton where I used to live - but I don't think the local residents would be very happy, otherwise all of the tourists would park there - and then get the bus in to town...

...that's why they have the Park & Ride!!!

Also, can you enlighten us about your comment about the "Polish car wash"? It's a legitimate business so I don't know why they would want tourists parking their cars there for "several hours" unless you know something that the rest of us don't ! ?

9. Re: Public parking in Bath

Removed on: 21 September 2011, 09:19
Edited: 21 September 2011, 09:19
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,252 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Public parking in Bath

The OP states quite clearly they are coming all day.

Prior Park Garden Centre will clamp you if you abuse their car park.

Get answers to your questions about Bath