We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Bath for my birthday?

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, Norfolk
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Bath for my birthday?

It's my birthday at the start of October and my partner and I are staying over at Garston Cottage, a little B&B 3 miles out of Bath.

We have never been to Bath before so are open to ideas of the best things to see and do, including places to eat!

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Bath for my birthday?

I suggest you spend a while browsing the www.visitbath.co.uk website. They have lots of suggestions of what to see and do (start by looking at the "ideas and inspirations" tab at the top right - they have suggestions for things like "Bath in 4 hours" and "romantic Bath" etc.).

It feels as if Autumn is coming early this year so October might be very pretty.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,393 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Bath for my birthday?

What days of the week will you be staying ?

Any dietary requirements ?

Edited: 09 September 2011, 15:03
Essex
Level Contributor
27,171 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Bath for my birthday?

Visit here:

http://www.thermaebathspa.com/

And polish up your Birthday Suit??

Norwich, Norfolk
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Bath for my birthday?

We will be there a Sunday and a Monday evening. The Monday is my birthday.

No, we don't have any dietary requirements!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,537 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Bath for my birthday?

On Sunday afternoon a nice walk through Queen Square, up to the Circus and along to the Royal Crescent is a must, perhaps stopping off at the Assembley Rooms on the way. Walk back into the centre of town and find a nice pub - maybe walk along to the Bell on Walcot Street where they have live (FREE ENTRY!!) musicians, bands etc on Sunday afternoons.

Find a nice restaurant and then walk around the Pultney Bridge/Abbey area.

Monday you could come into Bath and go to the Roman Baths. You might find that there are less tourists about on Monday and the shops will be less busy. Be sure to check out the shops on Milsom Street and in the Corridors.

You don't say how you are getting to the B&B in Bathgate. Even if you are driving it might be best to leave the car there and travel in to Bath by taxi or by bus.

6. Re: What to do in Bath for my birthday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 15:17