We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hole in The Wall

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Hole in The Wall

Have any of the local, regular contributors eaten here recently under it's relatively new management? I have just read a terrible review of it from end of Oct and then a great one 2 days later, so a little suspicious. Groupon doing a deal there, but even a deal is money wasted if it's dire! Thank you

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hole in The Wall

I've been wondering about that Groupon offer too.

I know the previous owners were being prosecuted by the council but went into administration before the hearing:

thisisbath.co.uk/Restaurant-case-delay/story…

I'm guessing that environmental health are keeping a close eye on the place at the moment so from that perspective I'd expect hygiene standards to be high. I've eaten there a couple of years ago (lunch with husband and then another lunch with a big group of friends), but I've not been there recently because of comments I had heard from friends in the trade.

For £30 for 2 people, I think I might give it a try in the New Year (5-31 December have been blocked out of the offer). 457 people have bought the offer so far (so there are bound to be lots of reviews on here shortly if they do mess up).

From memory there was quite a decent wine list!

2. Re: Hole in The Wall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2012, 05:19