We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orchardleigh House - South of Bath

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bath
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Orchardleigh House - South of Bath

Hi Has anyone had experience of staying here as part of a wedding? I cannot see any TA reviews and some other sites seem very mixed about the quality of rooms and value for money given rooms are approx £150 / night.

Thanks

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orchardleigh House - South of Bath

I thought this place rang a bell.

I haven't stayed there, but somebody did post about having stayed there when we were discussing the local pubs:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…24846693

Absent other reviews, try contacting the last poster. If you are only in Bath can't you pop down to take a look and decide for yourself?

PS: wherever you decide to book I think wedding insurance is worth considering - a local wedding venue was in the news this month and many of the couples aren't getting their deposits back after it ceased trading (can't remember which one it was)

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,387 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orchardleigh House - South of Bath

I go birdwatching at Orchardleigh, it is a beautiful place, especially now they have done it up a bit, but £150 a night seems a bit steep.

If you are truly from Bath, why not get a taxi back ? should be less than £50-60. On the other hand, if you want to be part of the party the next morning, you may have to grin and bear it.

3. Re: Orchardleigh House - South of Bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 10:22