We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A restaurant with vegan options

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
A restaurant with vegan options

Hello!

I am a student at the University of Bath. My piano teacher is coming to visit from Cambridge in a few weeks time. She would like to take me out for dinner on a saturday night :) She is a vegan, and as a meat eater myself, I rarely spot the vegan options on menus! So really I was looking for some advice on where I could suggest we go. I enjoy all sorts of food so if its just a vegan place thats also fine. I looked at Demuths but it seems there are only 2 vegan options..and the menu is quite pricey ( I dont want to suggest anywhere too pricey!!)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Emma.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A restaurant with vegan options

There must be lots of Vegan students up at the uni (perhaps try tracking down a Vegan society up there and ask for ideas?).

Demuths would have been the obvious choice or something Indian/Chinese etc.

Have you looked at Yak Yeti Yak (they mention Vegans, so they should be able to guide you through the menu). it's on Pierrepont St (so convenient to get to/from Claverton Down).

The Porter Pub (on George Street) has been serving veggie (and vegan) food for decades so that is a "safe option". It's probably a bit lively on a Saturday night, though.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,837 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A restaurant with vegan options

Yak Yeti Yak has the advantage of being one of the cheaper places in Bath.....never had a bad meal there.

3. Re: A restaurant with vegan options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:42