We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay

Bariloche
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
best place to stay

Hi I am visiting Bath with my 2 daughters (27 and 30 years old)Which would be the best neighbourhood to stay, near pubs,cafes and shops and within walking distance to main attractions ???

Thanks a million !!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to stay

Hi there

We had a comfortable stay at The Travelodge in Bath.

Kind Regards

Merran

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,162 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to stay

Anywhere in the city centre will be fine. But check on a map (or ask here) once you have made your choice, as places which say they are 'convenient for Bath' may not be in reality.

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
608 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to stay

Bath is reasonably small but hilly to the north and south. Anywhere central and a little bit east or west of the centre will be fabulous. Stay within walking distance of the river and you'll be within walking distnace of everything else.

The Travelodge is OK but being the only budget chain hotel in an expensive city, it does book up quickly. It is also the only affordable option for many a stag and hen group so avoid the weekends if you chose it.

Okehampton, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place to stay

I've stayed at The Travelodge and the Best Western. The Best Western was very central, and hence convienent. Also a friendly place and reception has good. However there was no parking, so it depends if you have a car. I had to move my car to a central car park, which charged by the day, and was more expensive than the travel lodge. We also stayed in the Travelodge, which is a little further from town, but still walking distance, the breakfast options were expensive or unexciting, however we found a little cafe just outside where you could get better coffee and muffins/pastries for breakfast. It also had the advantage of parking (there was a charge, but not excessive by Bath standards).

Edited: 18 March 2012, 23:49
Shropshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best place to stay

We have stayed at Three Abbey Green.Its in a central location,close to the Roman Baths but is in a traffic free square so is very quiet.The rooms were really lovely and the breakfasts too.

Parking was a bit of a problem and expensive and driving out through Bath on our way home was not easy because of the numerous busgates and lanes.

We have also stayed at Oldfields Hotel about a 10 minute walk,downhill,into Bath.Again the rooms were super as were the breakfasts and parking in the(small) hotel carpark was free.

Hope this helps!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best place to stay

I always put my friends up at Apsley House hotel, it's lovely and there is parking. Everyone that I know that has stayed there has been very happy.

Lots of reviews on here. I also see Villa Magdala has been modernised and looks fab from the outside, it is fairly central, but haven't seen it or had anyone i know say there to give you a review.

www.apsley-house.co.uk

www.villamagdala.co.uk

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
312 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best place to stay

The Abbey Hotel (Best Western) is superb location wise but has no parking. Very short walk from the train station if that is your chosen mode of transport.

Great Pulteney Street has a number of hotels all within a short walk from the centre.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best place to stay

We stayed in the Apple Tree Guesthouse Bed and Breakfast which was only a 10 minute easy walk into the city of Bath. Lovely clean rooms and a very good breakfast included in price. In a quiet street away from the main road and the hosts were charming and friendly. It was a lovely walk over the bridge into town.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best place to stay

I recently stayed in Bath in Green Park Apartment and it was fantastic, central location, walking distance to all main attractions and a whole flat in a gorgeous location for cheaper than the Travelodge, see my review for more details

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best place to stay

My daughter (22) and I stayed at the Best Western. Very central for shops and all attractions..nice room, good breakfast .....bit noisy out front at night.

Main problem was no parking - nearest car park you had to get up at 8 to feed the meter £12.50..

But I love places where you can go and rest for an hour in the hotel before walking out to sample the local restaurants etc in the evening..