We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minibus to Bath from Bristol airport

Isle of Man, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Minibus to Bath from Bristol airport

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a reliable minibus or taxi service from Bristol airport to Bath, and how long does the journey take .

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Stonehenge Inner Circle Access, Bath...
832 reviews
from US$164.34*
US$193.30
Stonehenge and Bath Day Trip from...
442 reviews
from US$100.20*
1. Re: Minibus to Bath from Bristol airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 March 2013, 17:35
Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minibus to Bath from Bristol airport

Hi

In the interests of fair competition, here goes:

The two largest taxi companies in Bath are V Cars and Abbey Taxis. They both have websites, but neither quote Bristol airport prices.

I don't think I've mentioned them for a year or so, but I used to use www.countycars.net. They are quoting £80 oneway from the airport for 6-8 or £50 for 1-4 (+£5 if you are arriving at stupid o'clock).

Hope this helps

Bristol, England...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Minibus to Bath from Bristol airport

Dear sueduncBATH

If your comments are in the interests of fair play. you have done neither company any favors.

Bristol airport transfers ( www.bristolairportminibus.com ) offer to transfer up to 16 passengers and luggage from Bristol airport to Bath for only £75,

Your recommended companies would have to use two vehicles at a cost of £160 for the same trip

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minibus to Bath from Bristol airport

I suspect the OP is looking for a scheduled minibus service rther than hiring one for himself.

A taxi is about £45 one way. Best alternative is the Bristol flyer bus to Temple Meads, then train to Bath, which can be much cheaper, depending on the time of day.

Isle of Man, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Minibus to Bath from Bristol airport

Hi All

Thanks for info, to be clearer i need a minibus with driver for 7 adults and 5 children plus suitcases.

I have now booked with Bristol airport transfers as they seem the quickest and cheapest option, they will meet us at the airport and take us straight to the hotel in Bath.

They say it will only take 45 minutes to get there, so they are quicker and cheaper than national express who are charging £11 per person and a 2 hour trip.

Thanks again

John

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Minibus to Bath from Bristol airport

We used to reckon on just over an hour from landing on the tarmac to walking through our front door so that sounds about right if you are travelling outside rush hour.

Do let us know how you get on.

Having loitered on this Tripadvisor forum for a few yearsI am afraid that I do get a bit suspicious of 1st time posters asking questions that are immediately answered by 1st time posters....

They tried a bus service between Bath and the airport a few years ago, so good luck to anybody that tries another "larger group" service.

Dublin
Level Contributor
138 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Minibus to Bath from Bristol airport

You seem to have had good advice. I do this trip often and usually use airport coach to Templemeads ( £10 for return ticket and takes about 30 minutes and departures every 15 minutes from just outside airport). Bristol Rail station can be tricky with chasing delayed trains/changing platforms at last minute. (Tip here is to look out for lifts to underground tunnel connecting all platforms and lift up to each platform.)

Another nuisance is that you cannot advance purchase a ticket for short trip to Bath and queues for ticket office and automatic machines can be long/slow. Same bother of having to get ticket on return from Bath. You cannot buy an open return ticket only a day return. With so many platforms in Bristol it is handy tho to ask the ticket chap what time the next train is and from what platform. You might have to wait 20 minutes but journey time is only 10 minutes and single adult fare is just over £6. New lift at Bath station now!

So if not travelling alone, get a taxi!

Dublin
Level Contributor
138 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Minibus to Bath from Bristol airport

There is an hourly bus service to start next week between Bristol airport and Bath, starting on 23 March 2013. Journey time of one hour, no idea yet of fare.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Minibus to Bath from Bristol airport

I think the problem was that post 1 was pure spam and that rather than report it (as it was useful information) alternatives wer suggested

Dublin
Level Contributor
138 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Minibus to Bath from Bristol airport

Prices for new double decker bus service bet Bath and Bristol airport are £11 single and £17 return and journey time of just over an hour. See 'Bath Bus company' website for more details. Service started today 24th March 2013

Get answers to your questions about Bath