We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottage Rentals

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cottage Rentals

Four freinds and I are plannin a Fr-Sun weekend in Bath for a girly weekend (not a hen night) and would like to rent a cottage for the first weekend of October.

Can you recommend any good sites? We have a budget of £450 for a two night stay (£90 each).

We'd like to be near-ish the city centre as we're plannnig a visit to Thernae Bath Spa

http://www.thermaebathspa.com/

Many thanks

Norway
Level Contributor
966 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottage Rentals

Hi Caramel,

Not a cottage, but a lovely house a 10 minute walk from the city center:

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p469353

Sorry I can't send you the link on the UK site - I can't seem to remove my personal information from it ...

I stayed here for a three night "girly weekend" almost two years ago. We loved it! It costs £460 for a weekend, so it's slightly above your budget.

I've rented from owners advertizing on HomeAway a number of times, and always been very pleased. So perhaps there are other places on this site that might suit you. However, I would only consider those that have recent, good reviews.

When I was looking for a place to stay for us, I was also in touch with Bath & Country Holidays: http://www.bathholidayhomes.co.uk/ Their service was very good.

Good luck!

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,381 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cottage Rentals

You won't really find cottages in Bath itself, it's a city, not a village.

There are plenty of apartments to rent, or you could try somewhere like 3 Abbey Green, which is 2 mins from the Spa.

London, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cottage Rentals

It kinda dawned on me last night that we're gonna find appts, not cottages, unless we go much further afield.

Thanks very much, we'll have a look at that area.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
146 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottage Rentals

Also try ownersdirect .co.uk and holidaylettings.co.uk for accommodation in Bath.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,525 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cottage Rentals

Try Toghill House Farm which is a few miles to the north of Bath. They have several self catering apartments and cottages.

Some of my family members stayed there a few years ago and had a great time. Not sure if they still have the stables there and collection of pigs. The cockerels will definately wake you early in the morning !

It's on the other side of Bath Racecourse and you would need your own transport, but it's not too far away from the centre of Bath for a taxi to reach without you having to pay too much after a night out.

http://www.toghillhousefarm.co.uk/

Edited: 10 August 2012, 23:15
Bath UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cottage Rentals

you've probably made your decision now but just in case you are still looking, would recommend the website - www.bathselfcatering.com - selection of properties in and around Bath. All the properties are owner managed and are assessed and graded annually by Visit Britain, so you can be assured of excellent quality.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cottage Rentals

You might try:

www.ukleisurebreaks.com

www.vrbo.com

www:vacationrentals.com

I've used two of these (vrbo/v.rentals) with great sucess.

8. Re: Cottage Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 11:16