We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Friendly Hotel/B&B/Inn in central Bath

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth
Level Contributor
394 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Dog Friendly Hotel/B&B/Inn in central Bath

Can anyone tell me of a really dog friendly hotel or B&B where we can stay with our small dog. Needs to be somewhere we can sit at bar with dog and possibly get nice bar food/meal possibly with a nice log fire?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,381 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog Friendly Hotel/B&B/Inn in central Bath

With those provisos, you are looking for an inn, B&Bs rarely have bars, and hotels don't have fires (or decent bar food).

Off the top of my head I can't think of anywhere in the centre of town, but will ask around. Will you have a car ? somewhere like the George at Norton St Philip might fit the bill (no idea if they take dogs), it's a 15-20 minute drive from town.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
394 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog Friendly Hotel/B&B/Inn in central Bath

Would prefer to be central if possible. Can give the log fire and food a miss as i'm sure we can find a dog friendly pub in town.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog Friendly Hotel/B&B/Inn in central Bath

Hi

I only spotted it because I wanted to phone their restaurant, but the Abbey Hotel (Best Western chain) will accomodate guests with dogs for £10/night. www.abbeyhotelbath.co.uk/rooms/dog-friendly/

You'll need to read reviews of the rooms (I'd try the more recent ones because they've certainly done a lot of work on the restaurant). I can recommend the Allium restaurant (they weren't phased when we turned up with a 5 year and happily tweaked some food and rustled up a pretty ice cream desert), but I can see dogs are restricted to the lounge. I am sure a phone call would confirm whether you could eat in the lounge (or maybe reviews give a clue).

Calgary
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog Friendly Hotel/B&B/Inn in central Bath

We live in Bath with 2 dogs and there are lots of places that are happy to have dogs, just wander around and ask.

Definitely fine are

White hart, ram and royal oak in widcombe

The Pulteney

( all of the above are close to bathwick to walk the dogs, see national trust website)

The boater

Hall and woodhouse

Chequers

Malbrough tavern

Hare and hounds (a walk up long hill but beautiful views)

Garrick's head

King William (on London road, our local, wonderful food but London road is busy with traffic)

Hop Pole

St James wine vaults

The star

I'd recommend you google them as some are foodie and others more for drinking and basic pub food.

Not allowed in

Raven

Crystal palace

Salamander

Most chains

If you leave Bath for the day I've not come acress a country pub that has said no yet!

I hope you have a lovely stay.

Hannah

Plymouth
Level Contributor
394 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog Friendly Hotel/B&B/Inn in central Bath

Thanks Hannah v helpful :)

Plymouth
Level Contributor
394 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dog Friendly Hotel/B&B/Inn in central Bath

Hey Hannah

We have now booked to stay at The Abbey Hotel in center of town. Can you recommend any nice pubs/restaurants nearby that serve outstanding food where we could take our small dog (within walking distance)?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,381 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dog Friendly Hotel/B&B/Inn in central Bath

Depends what you mean by 'walking distance' and how fast you walk!

The 3 pubs in Widcombe + the Marlborough and the Chequers are a 10 minute walk from the Abbey, the Hop Pole 15-20.

The Star doesn't do food.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dog Friendly Hotel/B&B/Inn in central Bath

Agree widcombe for ring I bells and white hart are a good bet, may need to book of at weekend.

Widcombe is a short walk of you use the foot bridge behind the train station.

Garricks head by the theatre does good food.

All of the pubs in previous post are walkable but worth looking on a map when you arrive to judge how far is too far!!

Hannah

Have a lovely trip!

Hannah

9. Re: Dog Friendly Hotel/B&B/Inn in central Bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 10:15