We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday night stay in Bath only - any ideas?

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday night stay in Bath only - any ideas?

We are traveling throughout England and our Bath stop is on Saturday. It seems places require a two night stay on weekends. Any suggestions for a nice place for just Satudeay night in Bath?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Special Offer
Stonehenge Inner Circle Access, Bath...
835 reviews
from US$163.07*
US$191.80
Stonehenge and Bath Day Trip from...
444 reviews
from US$99.50*
Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday night stay in Bath only - any ideas?

Hi there

Try the Express by Holiday Inn. My wife and I managed to stay there for one night only on a Saturday night in 2004 and it was fine, if all your looking for is a convenient base. Here is my review which I posted on TA afterwwrds:

We booked this hotel as a last minute break after struggling to find somewhere which could a) take my wife and I for one Saturday night only and b) not utterly rip us off. We were pleasantly surprised by a modern spotlessly clean and very friendly hotel. The staff were without exception friendly and efficient. The place had a sort of 'Scandinavian spartan' feel to it (ie - no cupboards or wardrobes in our room - just shelving - no shampoo in the bathroom, just liquid 'cream' from a dispenser). The continental breakfast was fine. It gave us what we wanted - a base in Bath.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
713 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday night stay in Bath only - any ideas?

holliday inn is ok for a basic chain type, impersonal experience. it is true that most hotels do want people to stay 2 nights at weekends. I'm not sure if this applies to the Tasburgh hotel or the new boutique hotel near to the priory called 'the Residence' www.theresidencebath.co.uk.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday night stay in Bath only - any ideas?

We have found that Bath B & B's invariably only take a one night stay - which is difficult for those wanting to move more quickl. But we have found a place called The Grove on Lyncombe Vale Road. The owner is a sculptor who has his studio at home and is more than happy to take one night stays. It is a quiet, friendly place and only a short walk from the city centre. We loved The Grove special breakfasts with delicious home made rhubarb, ginger and lemon yoghurt...... don't look any further!

Singapore
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday night stay in Bath only - any ideas?

Hi, you might want to try Hunters Spinney. I have a reservation there and i know that they accept one night reservations. You can do a search in Yahoo and have a look at their website. The South Room looks very good!

Get answers to your questions about Bath