We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place for 3 ladies in their 50's

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kirkham
Level Contributor
274 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
place for 3 ladies in their 50's

We are coming for a weekend to stay in Bath next year, i know it is a long time off but wanted to do my homework on places to stay.

Want to spend about £70-80pp b & b will need 3 rooms, but like luxury!

Looking for a nice country house, swimming pool would be nice but not that important.

I personally stayed at the hilton a few years ago it was awful, we checked out and went to the best western which i am considering looking at.

Any ideas gratefully received thanks

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,387 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place for 3 ladies in their 50's

Are you looking to stay outside Bath ? you won't find a country house in the city.

Swimming pool in a B&B - also rather rare....not sure there are any, Sue Dunc or 1Brutus may know of one.

The Hilton has improved, but not to the extent that it justifies the name. It was thrown up on the cheap, and the only way to change that is to knock it down and start again.

Have you looked at the list of Bath hotels ? plenty of options there, not sure you will get luxury for £70. Comfortable, yes.

kirkham
Level Contributor
274 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place for 3 ladies in their 50's

We were not sure to stay outside bath, it would probably be cheaper, not really bothered about swimming pool.

We may all be travelling by train or one of us maybe car, do not know till nearer the time, that is why to make a decision about car parks also.

Did not want to stay at travelodges etc.,

Yes looked at list of hotels, but just thought i would ask personnel experience.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place for 3 ladies in their 50's

The Best Western is an easy walk from the station and so very central (parking would be pricey). I have no idea about the rooms (being in the centre of town in an old building it probably helps if you are a good sleeper), but we've had lovely food at Allium (their restaurant).

If you can persuade one of the group to travel by car, then perhaps Combe Grove Manor (with indoor and outdoor pools) might meet your budget? They always seem to be running promotions.

On a Friday you would need to pay to park in town, on a Saturday I would recommend driving 10 minutes over to the University Park & Ride and on a Sunday you can park on the street (residents' parking doesn't apply).

Mr Roman, I seem to remember that there is a B&B with a hot tub out in Newbridge but their name escapes me.

4. Re: place for 3 ladies in their 50's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2013, 10:15