We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from London to Bath

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from London to Bath

Help please. Which one combination from this link would be the best? Senior female (from U.S.), traveling solo.

goldentours.com/Bath_and_Stonehenge_Tours/…

premiumtours.co.uk/tours/…

Many thanks.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from London to Bath

There isn't a lot in it.

Depends on the guide, the driver......or out of their circumstances, the traffic, the weather.

Bath won't look any different whichever company you go for, neither will Windsor or Stonehenge.

Each company has hundreds of reviews here on Trip Advisor, look at them, then choose who you want to travel with.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
8,986 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from London to Bath

As advised on the other post, unless you have mobility issues organise this yourself: a coach trip will skim the surface.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
590 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from London to Bath

I belive I did a Stonehenge/Bath/Windsor combination when I did this a few years back - and honestly think I just picked a tour company based on which had the easiest access to the pick-up location from my hotel.

Of course, the few hours seeing the Roman baths and Abbey, are what have motivated me to spend a few days in Bath on my holiday this spring.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from London to Bath

You could get to Bath by train and have more flexibility over time, but it is more difficult and time-consuming to get to Stonehenge unless you have a car.

If I were travelling alone I would definitely do this as a coach trip and be content to see just a few of the main sights.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from London to Bath

Thank you. I am really more inclined to actuallly go on a coach trip and be satisfied getting a "GLIMPSE" of many areas, and then, God willing I am able to come back in the future for more. The idea of convenience also compels me to do so, i.e., pick up from near hotel.

Spending 90 minutes in Bath will be plenty, I will take lots of pictures.

Thank you very much to all the great people on this forum.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip from London to Bath

I see this firm's minbuses driving around Bath fairly regularly too:

internationalfriends.co.uk/london-internatio…

Probably not for you (because you just want to sit back and let others manage the logistics and inform you; that's fine), but some people combine a day-trip to Bath by catching an early train and later train home with a 1/2 day minibus tour to Stonehenge from Bath.

I hope the weather stays fine for you.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip from London to Bath

That site is terrific. Thank you.

Oh now I am all confused and want to see ALL! :)

I have my pick of Bath, Windsor, Stonehenge

or Bath Locock Stonehenge

or Stonehenge, Salisbury and Avebury.

This is an extremely difficult decision! Probably I will reserve the 3rd for another trip (God willing).

A glimpse I will be happy to have. Thank you to all.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,591 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip from London to Bath

I notice Stonehenge features in all trips, yet I would rate it fairly low in that list.

Try Bath, Lacock and Avebury.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,452 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip from London to Bath

Avoid trips to Bath that also call at Windsor - Windsor is very close to London and can easily be visited as a half-day trip by train from there.

P-t-B

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip from London to Bath

In contrast, I would rate Stonehenge very high on the list and would suggest Lacock, Bath and Stonehenge as a good mix of English history with a trip to Windsor done separately as it's within London's edges.