We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park and ride price per person or per car?

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Park and ride price per person or per car?

Hi!

I'm looking at visiting Bath for the day next Saturday with a couple of friends and have decided the Lansdown park and ride is the best option probably but what I cannot find out from any of information online is whether the £2.50 (weekend) charge is per person or per car? £7.50 seems quite steep for the 3 of us for a couple of hours parking so if it IS per person I didn't know if it would be better to park in one of the city centre car parks?

Also whilst writiing - is there any benefit (price or otherwise) in buying tickets in advance to the roman baths & pump room or can you just turn up and buy?

Many thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Park and ride price per person or per car?

The £2.50 is the bus fare for each person, the parking is free.

If you look at the price of parking in Bath then, like most places that offer P&R, you'll find £7.50 is a bargain.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Park and ride price per person or per car?

Logically it's per person - otherwise how would they know who's travelling with who?

But I don't know for certain

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park and ride price per person or per car?

Thank you, in some ways yes I guess that is logical seeing as the website does not state otherwise but I have been on plenty of park and rides where the ticket price covers car & up to four passengers so was just double checking! Many thanks for the help. :)

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park and ride price per person or per car?

Not always logical. For example Canterbury P&R is per car and bus ride up to four persons is free.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Park and ride price per person or per car?

Isn't it normally the case that if parking is free, the bus is per person, but if you pay for the parking the bus is free for a group? Both are logical.

I'm sure there are exceptions. There always are.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park and ride price per person or per car?

The rules for each P&R scheme are different - in Salisbury you pay £2.50 for one person, or £3.50 for a group of up to 4 people, but buy your ticket on the bus.

However in Bath at the weekend, they charge £2.50 per person.

Phil-the-Bus

Edited: 10 April 2013, 10:48
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,393 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park and ride price per person or per car?

Where are you coming from ? what time do you plan to be here ? and for how long ?

8. Re: Park and ride price per person or per car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 06:18