We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent Family Hotel w/Elevator......

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
463 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Decent Family Hotel w/Elevator......

What do you rec. in Bath area for just a nite or two

w/ family rooms

& an elevator?

thanks! :)

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent Family Hotel w/Elevator......

hello catjammies... we need an idea of your budget !

I would have guessed, but 'The South' could be anywhere in the world...! I imagine you mean the States because of your choice of the word 'elevator' instead of 'lift'.... but that's no confirmation !

Elevators are not common in the UK - except in big stores and big hotels... the rest of us mortals have to walk up stairs. However, your budget may allow you to try a more up market hotel which would have a lift, or a cheaper 'chain' hotel in a modern building which would also have an elevator. Most bed and breakfast family hotels in Bath are in converted 18th century or 19th century houses, with inside staircases - mainly only two or three floors high at the most (including the ground floor). Sometimes the breakfast room might be in the basement/lower ground floor with access to the back garden if the house is built on a slope.

Also if you've read the posts on this forum, recently, you'll have seen that people have had difficulty renting rooms for less than two nights. So you may have better luck if you are willing to book for two nights.

Let us know your budget, and you'll get more replies, I'm sure. Best wishes, Nolana

2. Re: Decent Family Hotel w/Elevator......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 00:16