We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Cocktail Bars?

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Best Cocktail Bars?

Please could anyone suggest a classy cocktail bar for a group of 12/13 ladies in their thirties. Staying in the Centre of town so somewhere close by would be great. I keep seeing a bar called Burgada bar, but can't find a website, has it changed names does anyone know?

And shoud we want to go on for a dance, where should we go? Somewhere where we can book an area etc and pre-book entry.

Many thanks for any advice!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Cocktail Bars?

IMO The best bar is Door34 in Monmouth St. Just behind the theatre Royal and next to The Ustinov theatre. The bar staff know their drinks, and it is perfect for a cool, relaxed time. You would be able to book a place. Brugada bar is a very small bar, and I'm not sure if it's even open at the moment...that might be wrong so don't quote me! It is above Paxton's cheese shop. There are other good bars in town, but Door 34 always gets it right for me:)

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Cocktail Bars?

According to a search on google, brugada is now called bonsai, and appears to have a facebook page (whatever that may be).

I will check tonight after my regular Friday visit to the Harington Club.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Cocktail Bars?

It is actually called Bonsia (???) and appears to be shut.

Given that it promoted itself as 'the new student bar in Bath', with happy hours left right and centre, it is unlikely to be classy.....

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Cocktail Bars?

When I came out of the Harington on Saturday, I could not help but notice that the Canary Gin and Wine bar was jumping - it seems to have grown in popularity over the last few months.

squaremeal.co.uk/restaurants/uk/view/110119/…

The Nest was also jumping, but like many of these places if a large group goes in it encourages others. Judging from the clientele it isn't the smartest joint in town, but another to add to the list. Top of Broad St, turn right along the Paragon for 120 yards.

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Cocktail Bars?

Thanks for the suggestions so far...

6. Re: Best Cocktail Bars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 06:18