We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier Inn Bath City Centre

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Premier Inn Bath City Centre

We will be driving to Bath in Dec and the new Premier Inn at James Street West seemed to be a viable and affordable option for my family of five. But as it so new, there are no reviews of the hotel. Would appreciate feedback on its location to Bath`s attractions and the location of the nearest public car park since there is no onsite parking at this Premier Inn.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,969 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premier Inn Bath City Centre

Bath is a tiny city - the main attractions such as the Roman Baths, Abbey and Royal Crescent are all a 10 min (probably less for the 1st two) walk away.

The hotel is on a busy road and is right next to a Wetherspoons and cinema complex so might get a bit noisy late at night.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,483 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premier Inn Bath City Centre

Looking at the website it seems that this hotel opens on 6 December - they say " this hotel has no on site parking" but the link for parking says "chargeable parking - check with hotel for charges" so that's one option. Otherwise Parkopedia will suggest parking:

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/ba1_2bx/

You can select "car parks" for your option and the relevant dates and approximate times to give costs.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,969 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premier Inn Bath City Centre

Closest car park is probably around the corner on Avon Street.

But it isn't cheap, and Bath is not a car friendly city, especially in the city centre which is well known for its traffic jams and congestion!

I lived in Bath for 7 years and walked everywhere. I only took the very expensive buses when it rained heavily or I had too much shopping to carry.

Do you really need to take a car there?

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premier Inn Bath City Centre

i've not been past the building site for a while, but the location is very central. Everything in the rooms will be new. The location isn't the prettiest, but you should feel safe (I can't imagine you will be out and about late at night if you are a typical family). Yes, the Weatherspoons pub next door is likely to be busy and you will be on the main crawl back home for quite a few nightclubbers but I expect Premier Inn will have double glazing!).

I reckon there must be at least 20 restaurants within 100m of the hotel. There are chain restaurants in the cinema complex, and more varied choice around Kingsmead Square.

RE parking, do you really need a car? If you absolutely do, I would look at Parkopedia

…parkopedia.co.uk/parking/…

(I've rented people's driveway/parking places in other cities and wouldn't hesitate to again); there seem to be a couple quite close to the hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premier Inn Bath City Centre

Actually, we will be in Bath on 7 Dec so technically, the hotel will only be in operation for 1 day when we check in.

We will be renting the car for a few days to travel out of London, and Bath will be one of our destinations enroute to the Cotswods and Stratford Upon Avon. Thanks for the link to Parkopedia. What we intend to do is to park the car at one of the Long Stay carparks for the duration we are in Bath and walk everywhere else until we depart. It is expensive but the saving grace is charges are only applicable from 8am to 8pm. I reckon for a full day in Bath, I will probably chalk up less than 20 pounds in parking.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,655 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Premier Inn Bath City Centre

To me that seems a bit of a risk: hotels the world over are notorious for not opening when they are scheduled to. I would look elsewhere......

Newark-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Premier Inn Bath City Centre

Parking in Bath is not great. Don't come by car if you don't have too. A full day in the long stay costs £8.50. Otherwise if visiting Bath I would advise Park and Ride. The hotel has no parking but has 2 car parks fairly close by that will be very busy especially during the Christmas Markets but they are free overnight (approx 8pm-8am). The hotel looks great and apparently is on time. Opening on 2nd December according to a source.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
89 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Premier Inn Bath City Centre

Thanks. Keeping my fingers cross that it will open on time. Made reservations but also have a back up plan, just in case. And yes, I will also be one of those jostling at the Christmas market.

Bath
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Premier Inn Bath City Centre

The inn is open and looking good, its central location is excellant, you will need to walk once you are parked and booked in xmas lights are on, the xmas market is in full flow, the city looks beautiful and the Abbey is holding carol services every hour at weekends (not too be missed right in the middle of christmas market)

Enjoy your time in Bath there is lots to do, the holbourn museam has an amazing light show to music, you can't fail to have a good time.

we stay in premier inn all the time for weekends away and can't fault value for money,

10. Re: Premier Inn Bath City Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 December 2013, 22:43