We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bath lodging advice

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
27 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Bath lodging advice

We are trying to decide between a stay at The Kennard or Dukes. Both get generally good reviews, though one is considered a b and b and one a hotel. Any differences in terms of location or the accommodation itself that might help with the decision would be appreciated.

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bath lodging advice

I have stayed at the Kennard and highly recommend it (review posted) It is a B&B (i.e. no evening meal option available) but that was not a problem for us as we always prefer that opiton so we can take advantage of local restaurants. It is in a very good location with the bonus that they can provide a parking pass if needed which is a must-have for Bath.

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bath lodging advice

sorry, should have said my review was in Dec 2011 however, it is still getting good reviews!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
27 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bath lodging advice

Thanks. We agree about dinner options, so that's not a problem. We won't have a car, and enjoy exploring on foot. It appears that The Kennard is an easy walk to the center of Bath and I assume that it's a pleasant neighborhood in which to walk?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,681 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bath lodging advice

Great Pulteney St is a bit grander than Henrietta St, but in terms of distance to town there is 2 minutes in it.

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bath lodging advice

Although I have no experience of Great Pulteney St, Henrietta Street was quiet at night. Certainly an easy and pleasant walk over the river and into the main town. We could (just) see the Rec from our bedroom window (Bath Rugby ground).

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
27 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bath lodging advice

Thanks for the information. We decided on The Kennard--seems great.

7. Re: Bath lodging advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 06:18