We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Bath to London via tavistock Torquay and Bri

Which Bath hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
10 posts
Save Topic
Travelling from Bath to London via tavistock Torquay and Bri

We will be in Bath on the 19th June and want to be in London on the 23rd June 2014. We could get a rental car or travel by train, thought we would leave the car in Brighton as not too keen on traffic further Nrth.

If we go from Bath to Tavistock then on to Torquay and Brighton would that give us a good over view?

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,270 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Bath to London via tavistock Torquay and Bri

Overview of what?

And train is pretty certain to be a better bet than driving.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,545 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Bath to London via tavistock Torquay and Bri

As there isn't actually a railway station in Tavistock I see a flaw in your plan to use the train

Wellington, New...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Bath to London via tavistock Torquay and Bri

Thank you I will need to re look at that just wanted to get a look at the Dartmore National Park

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Bath to London via tavistock Torquay and Bri

Thank you I will need to re look at that just wanted to get a look at the Dartmore National Park

======

Well I think you'll find a car will be substantially more useful than a train in that case

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,545 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Bath to London via tavistock Torquay and Bri

Indeed, you cannot see Dartmoor by train.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Bath to London via tavistock Torquay and Bri

Did it have to be Dartmoor in preference to, say, Exmoor?

If the latter, you can squeeze in pretty little places like Dunster and Poorlock ( perhaps spending night 1 in either Lynton or Lynmouth).

What sort of things are you hoping to see on the drive to Brighton? Did you want to drive through the New Forest? Had you thought about going down to Durdle Door/Lyme Regis or maybe Corfe/Purbeck?

Your trip is doable, though you might find the busy roads frustrating. It's not my idea of fun but we think nothing of making the drive from/to Brighton in about 3 hours ( though quite often make an ent of it by detouring through the New Forest-particularly if we've left super-early- or stopping off at a National Trust property).

7. Re: Travelling from Bath to London via tavistock Torquay and Bri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 05:16