We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roman Baths at night

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
483 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Roman Baths at night

Are the Roman Baths ever open at night? We will be in Bath on 23/2

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Roman Baths at night

Yes - but.....

.. certianly they're opento the public in the evening in the summer months but in winter they're only open sometimes for dinners and functions. I was lucky enough once to be invited to a private dinner there with cocktails served around the baths. It was a beautiful setting but navigating the roman floors in high heels was a challenge!

I know there are dinners there over the Christmas season but sorry I don't know what they are planning for February next year. Here's the email address to ask them directly

romanbaths_enquiries@bathnes.gov.uk

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
483 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roman Baths at night

Thanks CheshireCat.

Most of the info I have read indicates that the Roman Baths are overpriced. Unfortunately we won't have alot of time to visit as we have a very full itinerary every day. Can you suggest a time frame min to max required for a visit. I also believe there are tours which help you to understand what you are looking at?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roman Baths at night

I may be mistaken but I think the overpriced comments you saw were probably in reference to the newly opened Thermae Spa www.thermaebathspa.com in town and not the Roman Baths http://www.romanbaths.co.uk/. I believe to tour the Roman Baths it's 6 pounds, certainly not expensive as prices go here.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roman Baths at night

Oops, the Baths website gives you information about tours and I'd suggest planning approximately 2 hours to see it on your own.

Somerset
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roman Baths at night

Even if they are not open in the evening when you visit, if you can make time in your schedule they are well worth seeing. For the quality, £10 per adult £6 for a child it is well worth it. It is best to go if you have at least two hours to spend exploring the exhibition.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
483 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roman Baths at night

Thank you IowaninUK and Tessa69. Every bit of information is invaluable. Regards Julieo63

7. Re: Roman Baths at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 20:20