We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acomodation in Wells for family of 4

Newbury, England
Level Contributor
167 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Acomodation in Wells for family of 4

We want to visit Wells in the October half term, and are looking for some where to stay within easy walking distance of the Cathedral (our 9 year old has an ankle problem and we dont want him too tired before he gets to the cathedral).

Any suggestions?

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acomodation in Wells for family of 4

You don't say what type of accommodation you want but there is a list of B&B's on tripadvisor's Wells pages.

As a local I haven't stayed in any Wells hotels but I have eaten in the Swan and can recommend it - it's a very traditional English hotel with lots of 'Olde world' charm and it looks out over the Cathedral. You may get a deal for a break in October.

Wells is a lovely little city and it always amazes me why it is so little visited; and there are lots of things to do in the area. My family always enjoyed Wookey Hole - if your nine year old can manage it. There is a good fish restaurant almost next door to the Swan - Goodfellows - and not too expensive.

2. Re: Acomodation in Wells for family of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Wells