We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go to Drayton Manor park from London

Singapore
Level Contributor
197 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
How to go to Drayton Manor park from London

I was reading the website and found that the best way to go to the park from London is by train to Tamworth station . Can I know from Tamworth station how do I go to the park? We are travelling in mid May.

I am also been to visit the following area Warick castle, Straford Upon Avon, Drayton Manor Park and Cambridge. What is the best way to cover all these places. By rail?

Thanks in advance.

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go to Drayton Manor park from London

Their website isn't particularly helpful as it just provides links which aren't specific. I suspect there may be buses from Tamworth railway station but you might be best emailing them - otherwise a taxi would probably do it for you, doesn't look too far

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,540 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go to Drayton Manor park from London

It's been awhile since I used a bus in Tamworth, but to my recollection, the bus that passes Drayton Manor (number 216 Erdington) does not stop at the railway station, but in the town centre. Not sure how often it runs maybe only once an hour, so your best bet is to take a taxi from the station. It is only about 3 -4 miles, so the fare will not be more than £10. Just arrange with the driver to pick you up at the end of the day.

For the other locations, all accessible by train.

Singapore
Level Contributor
197 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go to Drayton Manor park from London

I am planning to make a few days trip out of London , covering Avon , warick castles, Cambridge, Drayton Manor n maybe Oxford. Is there any train company that covers all these route? I understand that for the train to reach Tamworth, I need to take a train to Birmingham and then change another train to Tamworth .which is the train operators that ply Birmingham and Tamworth?

Thanks

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,540 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to go to Drayton Manor park from London

I dont think it makes any difference which company ply that Tamworth route, if you buy your tickets from National rail which is a booking agent for all companies, then you just take the next available train. Usually the train companies tickets are cheaper but national rail's London departure tickets are the best.

National rail website is very user friendly, so give it a go. (PS if I am wrong someone will correct me I am sure)

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

5. Re: How to go to Drayton Manor park from London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 05:16