We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Eat around M6 Travel Lodge

Which Stafford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Places to Eat around M6 Travel Lodge

Going to Alton Towers for two days this Sunday staying at the Travel Lodge on the M6 (help) therefore trying to find somewhere to eat for 4 hungry teenagers and 1 adult in the evenings - can any one recomend somewhere reasonable priced, will eat all sorts!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,674 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to Eat around M6 Travel Lodge

There's a book, (and maybe a website - I don't know) called "Just off the Motorway", which provides details of places near to the main roads, for people who just want to eat something decent and want to avoid the service stations.

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,508 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to Eat around M6 Travel Lodge

Hi,

Is that the one on Stafford Services M6 ,between Jct 14 & Jct 15?

If so,they may have authorised access for residents to get off the motorway from the service station and into Stone Town . A few pubs selling food there but I've not been for years,so can't recommend any!

If you are heading back to Jct 15 from Alton Towers,there is a good looking pub which does bar meals right next to The Holiday Inn Express,Stoke just off the A50 (Follow signs for Britannia Stadium). We didn't eat there as we were going to a party,but the meal menu did look tempting when we looked at it.

Alternately,just off Jct 14 ,Stafford, on the road leading to the A34 Stone Road, there are 2 pubs(Harvester etc) next to the 2 Stafford Premier Inns, that do bar food. One of them is more reasonable than the other apparently,so worth a peek into both as they are so close to each other.

Also a chinese restaurant,but I've heard that is expensive!

(Beware 'The Shire Horse' pub has a pay & display car park and lots have been caught out by not realising)

Also a Macdonalds about a mile off Jct 14 heading into Stafford,if desperate!!

There is actually a new Travellodge in Stafford itself,which has a KFC & Pizza Hut on the doorstep and a 5-10 mins walk into Stafford town .

Plenty of different places to eat in Stafford towncentre itself,including a Weatherspoons(The Picture House), The Vine Hotel, The Bear Grill, The Swan Hotel ( A bit pricey though!) various Indian/Chinese/Baltis/Fish & chips/macdonalds).

If you want any more info on Stafford places ,or directions,let me know & I will find out details this week. So many places have closed down lately I'm fast losing touch of what is still open!

3. Re: Places to Eat around M6 Travel Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2011, 08:30
Get answers to your questions about Stafford