We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday inn express, stoke on trent

scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
holiday inn express, stoke on trent

thinking of booking this hotel for a trip to Alton Towers but will be arriving by train. Can we get a bus from here or do we have to get a taxi to Stoke train station and then the Alton Towers bus?

Stoke-on-Trent...
Destination Expert
for Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
364 posts
711 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday inn express, stoke on trent

Holiday Inn Express is on a sort of industrial estate which also has lots of car showrooms and Stoke City's football stadium. (Britannia Stadium) I know - a weird mixture but there is a bus service to Stoke station, I happen to know it's a bit sporadic though, I seem to remember someone asking me the same Q about 3 years ago ! I think that as the station is only about 1.5 to 2 miles from Holiday Inn, might be best to take a cab (desk at Holiday Inn will advise you) maybe 5 quid ? Another option is to book into the Kenwood Guest House, great reviews (I know a couple of people who've stayed there, sort of a family-run Georgian guest house) Main advantage is it's a 400 - 500 yard 5 minute walk to the rail station !

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday inn express, stoke on trent

The Holiday Inn staff were very helpful calling a cab for us when we stayed there for a nearby party. I liked the hotel and would stay again .Didn't see any buses anywhere around that area for the short time we were there.

Edited: 16 January 2014, 18:44
Shanghai, China
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday inn express, stoke on trent

Take the PLUM line to the Britannia Football stadium. The bus station is right 5 min walk outside the train station.

Shanghai, China
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday inn express, stoke on trent

Take the PLUM line to the train station or city centre bus station and take bus there.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 08:35
scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday inn express, stoke on trent

Thank you for helpful comments. Just booked!

6. Re: holiday inn express, stoke on trent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 22:15