We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about lodging near Trentham Estate Shopping

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Question about lodging near Trentham Estate Shopping

Hi all,

Do you have any recommendations for B&Bs near Trentham Estate? Is there lodging within walking distance of the shopping area?

Many thanks,

Joy

Moorcroft
Visitor Centres, Factory Tours, Gift & Speciality Shops
Freeport Talke
Gift & Speciality Shops
Barewall
Art Galleries
Stoke-on-Trent...
Destination Expert
for Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
364 posts
711 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about lodging near Trentham Estate Shopping

Hello, there is a Premier Inn hotel actually on the site at Trentham Gardens, very new, maybe 3 years only. There is a budget hotel called travelodge within a 500 yards walk at Trentham Hotel where they serve traditional carvery style English meals at a very good price, good quality too !

About one + half miles away is The Upper House, I always thought of it as a small stately home used for weddings but apparently it offers accommodation too.

http://www.theupperhouse.com/

(it was built for Josiah Wedgwood's grandson, hopefully you'll have chance to visit the Wedgwood famous pottery factory, about 2 miles South of Trentham)

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about lodging near Trentham Estate Shopping

I was going to suggest the Premier Inn as well. As mentioned, right on the site of the shopping village and Trentham Gardens . The Monkey forest is a short walk away as well, and worth a visit to walk amongst the monkeys roaming freely around the grounds.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 13:22
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about lodging near Trentham Estate Shopping

I would love to get all this worked out before I get there! Wedgewood tour, Seconds shops, Trentham Estate and Gardens. You've helped a LOT! Thanks. :)

Stoke-on-Trent...
Destination Expert
for Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
364 posts
711 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about lodging near Trentham Estate Shopping

Happy to help, although we're only a medium-sized city (quarter million people) there are three very good theatres - the New Vic Theatre in Newcastle-under-Lyme, the Victoria Hall and the Regent Theatre, both in Hanley (Stoke-on-Trent city centre) These three facilities are all about 4 miles from Trentham , maybe £10 ($15) by taxi ?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about lodging near Trentham Estate Shopping

I probably won't have time for a show, but I get back to the UK pretty much every year (twice this year).

Thanks for the heads up! Very kind of you. :)

Stoke-on-Trent...
Destination Expert
for Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
364 posts
711 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about lodging near Trentham Estate Shopping

No problem !

7. Re: Question about lodging near Trentham Estate Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2016, 18:17