We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tent camping in or near Aldeburgh

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
379 reviews
Save Topic
Tent camping in or near Aldeburgh

I want to spend a few days under canvas in the Aldeburgh area - somewhere within 15-20 mins walk of the town centre would be ideal. Does anyone know of a site that I could use - most seem to cater to caravans/motorhomes only.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
983 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tent camping in or near Aldeburgh

This place is a bit up the road towards Southwold, but we used to go there and liked it a lot. It has a very large field for tents and is very quiet.

http://www.hawwoodfarm.co.uk/

London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tent camping in or near Aldeburgh

Yes you are right about most catering for caravans and motorhomes only. The one that came to mind was Church Farm Holiday Park which is just outside Aldeburgh but they dont accept tents.

Ive had a good look and cant find anything either. Perhaps call Church Farm and ask them if they know anywhere locally that accepts tents?

Sorry I cant be of more help. Matt

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tent camping in or near Aldeburgh

Thank you for your replies. The site between Southwold and Aldeburgh looks decent, but I'll also ring the other site in Aldeburgh itself for ideas.

I would have thought that somewhere as lovely and popular as Aldeburgh would have had better options; maybe they think all 'tenters' are loud and uncouth, which we most certainly are not - we just like fresh air and 'playing house' in our tiny tent!

4. Re: Tent camping in or near Aldeburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Aldeburgh