We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire in Cobham

Toronto
Level Contributor
287 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire in Cobham

Hi all - I will be spending Christmas week in Cobham and am wondering if there is a good local taxi service available or if it would be better to rent a car? If the car rental is a better option please suggest some local car hire firms

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire in Cobham

Where do you want to go? ie stay local or visit London etc

Toronto
Level Contributor
287 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire in Cobham

Stay local. We will use the train to go to London so it will just be darting between friends houses and local trips

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,186 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire in Cobham

Try Cobham Cars taxi service they are reliable and by the station.

Toronto
Level Contributor
287 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire in Cobham

Thanks - are they taxi service and car hire? I would rather not hire a car but was told that the taxi service might not be as available as we need so if I have to hire a car I will but the preference would be not to

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,186 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire in Cobham

charlie they are just a taxi service.

Toronto
Level Contributor
287 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire in Cobham

perfect - thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,186 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire in Cobham

Charlie I would nt rely on taxis at the busiest time of the year- why not hire a car at the airport?

Toronto
Level Contributor
287 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire in Cobham

Thnaks Rose - I am just relucatnt to hire a car since I think it would not be used very much. The need it really to get between houses in the Cobham area - nothing more but I also don't want to worry about getting taxi late at night etc etc

Toronto
Level Contributor
287 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire in Cobham

Rose if I do end up renting - would you advise from the airport vs locally in Cobham? And then is it just a question of looking for the best deal over the net or is one company at a better location than others for drop off pickup etc at Heathrow?

Thanks again

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,186 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Hire in Cobham

Well I would personally go for a bigger well-known company from Heathrow like Avis or Herz - you will get a better car and better back-up incase something goes wrong- the drive is all motorway from Heathrow to Cobham and will take about 40 minutes. If you want a local one try www.yell.com. The nearest local hire places to Cobham would be Weybridge and Leatherhead. (about 15 minutes away)