We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Country pubs near Box Hill

London
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Country pubs near Box Hill

Can anyone recommend a nice country pub within about 5 miles of Box Hill?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,022 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Country pubs near Box Hill

Hi Eleanor,

There are many. I'd recommend you buy a book called 'Pub Walks in Surrey' for some wonderful scenic walks with great pubs at the end of them.

On the edge of Box Hill is the King William IV at Mickleham.

Across the main road at Westhumble there is one I don't know the name of beside the station...

Famous pubs worth searching out include teh Plough at Coldharbour (near Leith Hill. Good food, great views, own beer), and the Stephen Langton, near Friday Street (great food), but deep in a secluded wooded valley.

Hope that's enough to get you started.

Surrey
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Country pubs near Box Hill

This may be too late but the Pub in westhumble is the stepping stones. Also there are a couple on top of Bos Hill, the hand in hand and the other escapes me for the moment but I haven't been to them in a long time. Personally I'd go with the King WIlliam, great food and lovely character full pub.

Faye

x

3. Re: Country pubs near Box Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2010, 05:17