We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife

fermanagh
Level Contributor
209 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife

Where is the best place to be for quality not cheesy nightlife at weekends?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife

Hi

I would say probably the Gate complex. The Quayside is much quieter these days and as for the Bigg Market- ugh forget it

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,460 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife

Some people find the Gate a bit rough, quite a few people go between there and the Bigg Market, there are some cheesy bars on the road between them.

Currently the most popular area is from Central Station to Grey St / Dean St. There's a everything from real ale to trendy bars along there, You have got Centurion and the Lounge, cheap studenty real ale at the Head of Steam, the Long Bar, a Wetherspoons and a Wetherspoons Lloyds No 1, Revolution, Florita's, Perdu, Tokyo round the corner, etc etc

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife

I would probably agree with Doffcocker, that strip he talks about has quite a few different bars.The Gate has to but its an indoor complex and sometimes does not feel like your having a " night out ". Nothing to stop you trying both areas as you can walk between them in minutes. I have to say in my day I always liked the bars in the Haymarket end of town, but that just a personal prefrence. Also the Central Station area did not have many bars then

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife

Thanks for the advise folks.

Llandudno, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife

Is there a need for a COLLAR in the majority of pubs/clubs in Newcastle?

Level Contributor
258 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife

No I have never been stopped for this in the last 8 years or so! I rarely wear collared t shirts or shirts and get no problems anywhere at all

7. Re: Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2013, 10:17