We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

21st Birthday - weekend away

Which Newcastle upon Tyne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
21st Birthday - weekend away

Me and a few friends are thinking of going to Newcastle for the weekend - want to stay somewhere local to the bars/clubs. Can anyone recomend a hotel? Also, any good places to go?

Thanks

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 21st Birthday - weekend away

Hi,

Hotels, check out Premier Inns x2 on Quayside. Jurys inns x 2 or there is the Hilton on the Gateshead side of the swing Bridge.

What do you mean good places to go ? on an evening for a night out or day time activities ?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 21st Birthday - weekend away

Ah excellent - thank you...

I mean places to go out for the evening like bars and clubs.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 21st Birthday - weekend away

The Gate is a complex of bars, Central Station area has all the cool bars at the moment. Avoid the Bigg Market and the Quayside might be to quiet for your taste these days. However I have not been drinking down the Quayside for a while so some one else may have a more up to date view of this area

4. Re: 21st Birthday - weekend away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Newcastle upon Tyne