We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel du Vin - child friendly?

Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel du Vin - child friendly?

Hi,

We have some Hotel du Vin gift vouchers that we received as a gift & were wondering if the hotel is child friendly as we have a 4 year old son who would be coming with us?

Many thanks,

Robbers

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel du Vin - child friendly?

Hi, if its the same people as Cambridge, I am aware there might be one or two problem areas eating on site, my best suggestion phone them and ask they should be accommodating but knowing how 'smart' rooms are they might be concerned over damage from kids etc.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel du Vin - child friendly?

If you look at their child policy on Booking.com they look like they are very child friendly. Children under 12 are free if they use existing beds, and charged at £30 per person for an extra bed

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel du Vin - child friendly?

I've overnighted with a crawling baby in Harrogate. I think they probably heated up some baby food for us but I have a hunch there was some sort of menu for children (or the promise of pasta/sausages etc).

I phoned them before I booked so that we were given a room where we could pick up a signal with a baby monitor in their restaurant (they also allowed us to wander about with phone and monitor in the afternoon to make sure the table could pick up the signal). I think they can arrange babysitters too.

Nobody flinched in the morning when a small child arrived at breakfast.

If you have been training your son to eat out then you ought to have a fab time.

If he is prone to screaming and lobbing food you might find it a bit stressful.

Whitehaven, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel du Vin - child friendly?

Thanks for replying everyone.

I'll give them a ring before booking but it sounds promising.

We eat out quite a bit so my son is used to it & is mostly a good boy anyway.

I think it would be just breakfast that we'd be eating in the hotel as we'd probably eat out somewhere on the Quayside/in town for dinner.

Thanks again :-)

5. Re: Hotel du Vin - child friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2013, 10:16