We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish and chips?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
123 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Fish and chips?

Does anyone know of any good quality fish and chip shops in Newcastle or around? and not these kebab or burger places, traditional fish and chips? seems hard to find these days haha!

Cheers!

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fish and chips?

Get yourself down to the Fish quays near Tynemouth.

A good few places there.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
978 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fish and chips?

Seconded

Tynemouth or shields fish quay

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fish and chips?

Colemans on Ocean Road in South Shields is always winning awards for its fish&chips

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fish and chips?

www.colmansfishandchips.com

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
123 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fish and chips?

Thanks guys appreciate it! and i'll give it a go mate!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
123 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fish and chips?

Any more guys?

GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
929 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fish and chips?

OK Take it from one who knows , take metro to north shields head south downward head for fish quat go to the water front , asked for a stripped haddock or cod, this is where they scrape most of the batter off so its only lightly coated, all their stuff is top notch and they dont use cheap ingrediants,i.e even the sauces are the leading brand, I have ate at so called top fish shops in whitby and wells next the sea that can,t touch this place,

I have been going for years and would not go anywhwere else for fish and chips and portions are good, even the coffee is bean coffee, after the meal walk along the bottom prom to Tynemouth and back

Level Contributor
2 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fish and chips?

Try Gormans top of Stamfordham Road near Cowgate Roundabout and they also have a shop at Denton Road just off the West Road at Denton Burn.

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fish and chips?

Fish Quay in North Sheilds - or Marshalls in Tynemouth, also Bill's Fish Bar in Cullercoats - you can't beat fish n chips by the sea!

Lou73

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
123 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fish and chips?

Cheers everyone! ive been to gormans and its really nice! its a shame most of all the good ones are so far away haha!

Get answers to your questions about Newcastle upon Tyne