We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Jurys Inn, Scotswood Road

Athlone, Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Jurys Inn, Scotswood Road

Hi folks,

I am part of a stag party that will be staying in the Jurys Inn on Scotswood Road. I am trying to arrange a group meal on the Saturday evening around 5:00pm somewhere near the hotel. There will be a group of 15 and we will be looking for a decent feed before we go out, but nothing too fancy. Obviously somewhere that serves beer or else lets you bring your own would be great.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joey

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
978 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Jurys Inn, Scotswood Road

2 bars called the Forth and Town Wall next to each other on Pink Lane, 5 mins walk from the Jurys Inn would be my choice. Both do decent grub and good beer

If your set on restaurants the Chinese on Stowell St arent too far or there is a Tapas place on Westgate Road called Salsa Cafe that gets generally good reviews. Not tried it personally though

Good luck

Newcastle
Level Contributor
628 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Jurys Inn, Scotswood Road

Hi

just a short walk away, try the taste of Persia, but give them a ring for the size of the group, you will hit happy hour as well,

http://www.atasteofpersia.com/index.php/2/

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Jurys Inn, Scotswood Road

There's quite a few bars and restaurants next to the Centre for Life as well - in Times Square I think they call it - you pass it going from Jury's back towards Central Station - on your way to the rest of the pubs in the Diamond Strip or Bigg Market

Lou73

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
189 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Jurys Inn, Scotswood Road

To second Pablo in Toon the Forth or Town Wall would be ideal. Drinks and food rather than sit down meal. Pretty sure you can reserve a table at the Forth if you give them a ring. Town Wall is bigger so shouldn't be a problem. But have good selection of drinks and will set you up for your night.

5. Re: Restaurants near Jurys Inn, Scotswood Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Newcastle upon Tyne