We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday night in Newcastle

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Friday night in Newcastle

Hi,

I am coming up to Newcastle in 2 weeks for a Stag do, but not sure which club to book into. Want to book either guestlist or a table somewhere. I have only been a few times but was about 6 years ago now so guessing alot has changed since then.

Theres about 12 guys, mid to late 20's. Starting off in Jesmonds in the day, and sticking to Quayside as Bigg Markets was a bit dodgy when I came up last. Heard its better to stay Quayside.

Where is busy on a Friday night?

Which Club/Late bar is best to go?

Im from Manchester so usually go to places like Spinnngfields, Locks, Rev De Cuba.

So looking for somthing Similar.

Hope you can help :)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday night in Newcastle

do a goggle search for "diamond strip newcastle" that's where many of the "classier" bars are. Not so much down the quayside these days. Bigg Market is for a younger crowd but you can still have a look.

Everywhere is close by (except for Jesmond which is out of town)

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday night in Newcastle

Looks good to me! Thanks mate

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Friday night in Newcastle

There's a new event on at Tiger Tiger on a Friday night called Tuhiki if you have a look for that one facebook you should be able to get a table etc. I think Tiger's been refurbished recently as well as it was dead for about a year, this event seems quite popular though. The Gate's awful though so I'd go to maybe Maddison's or Mushroom before. The diamond strip's really nice too though and as far as I know House of Smith, Floritas and Madame Koo's have an event on a Friday called Fairground, that would mean you could stay on the diamond strip all night. As far as I know, the Quayside isn't all that busy on Fridays. Or there's Perdu and Tup Tup Palace on the same street. Best option is to look on their Facebook pages and see which you fancy, that'll be the easiest way to book a table/guestlist too

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
653 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Friday night in Newcastle

Diamond strip is prob best for a Friday, or like prev tiger tiger.

Try floritas for a booth or private area or house of smith but perdu, ohso and tup tup get very busy so head to one of those

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
189 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Friday night in Newcastle

Hiya, i'm not an expert but i've heard the quayside is dead (my brother in law is a taxi driver so he's is the know as to where is busy). I would say what others have and recommend the diamond strip. Have fun :)

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
978 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Friday night in Newcastle

Quayside is indeed not the place it was but still some nice bars down there and worth a look if you have time

I think grey st around the theatre is the most up and coming area. Ptmy, harrys bar, Fitzgerald, baccus, bar luga etc

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Friday night in Newcastle

Diamond Strip

Pre book a booth in Revolution with vodka shots

Then onto Florita's - The best late night bar/club in town...

8. Re: Friday night in Newcastle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Newcastle upon Tyne