We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport

Southgate, Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transport

I'm spending two nights in Stratford-upon-avon this August. The first day, we'll be taking the train in from York, then hopefully seeing the main Shakespeare sites before going to Hamlet. The second day, I was hoping to see Warwick and Kenilworth Castles. What would be the cheapest way to get between these three (and any other places of interest!) in that area?

1. Re: Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 November 2015, 14:32
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
643 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport

The number 16 bus will get you to Warwick and Kenilworth and leaves approximately every 15 minutes. A word of warning about Warwick castle though. In the height of the tourist season (July/August) the queues can be ridiculously long (up to an hour long to see the dungeon, or get into the state rooms at times). I would get there early - immediately at opening time as the coach loads probably won't turn up until an hour later. That way you can see the things without joining a queue. You will find you need to spend the best part of 4 hours I expect as jousting etc will also be happening on the island.

Kenilworth castle will be less busy and you could do in 2 hours.

HTH

3. Re: Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 20:21
Get answers to your questions about Warwickshire