We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwickshire to London

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Warwickshire to London

I will be staying at the Chesford Grange Hotel in Kenilworth, Warwickshire in March. Can anyone kindly tell how I could travel to London?

Oxford, Cotswolds...
1,271 reviews
from US$128.90*
Stonehenge, Bath and the Cotswolds...
657 reviews
from US$144.60*
Oxford, Warwick Castle and...
349 reviews
from US$136.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Small-Group Day Trip to Oxford, the...
88 reviews
from US$199.10*
12 replies to this topic
Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warwickshire to London

Stagecoach X17 bus to Leamington Spa (19m), Chiltern train from Leamington Spa to London Marylebone (1h 25M) or Stagecoach X17 to Coventry (29 m), Virgin train from Coventry to London Euston (1h 5m).

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warwickshire to London

Depending on budget and train cost you might want to check out coach [bus] travel. National Express from Coventry. Longer journey than train but another option

3. Re: Warwickshire to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 November 2015, 16:49

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warwickshire to London

Thank you for all these info. which are very useful. I think I will take the train. But how do I get from my hotel to catch Stagecoach X17? Where does Stagecoach X17 depart from?

My flight from Heathrow leaves at 10pm. I am not sure how long the trip from Chesford Grange Hotel to Heathrow will take. What time should I leave the hotel?

Happy New Year everyone!

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Warwickshire to London

The bus stop is two minutes walk from the hotel on the main road - they will give you directions.

It might not be the X17 - there are several different service numbers on that route.

I'd leave the hotel around 2pm - possibly a bit overcautious but you need to allow for things going wrong

What day of the week is it? That could make a difference

6. Re: Warwickshire to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 November 2015, 16:49

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Warwickshire to London

Given that the OP's destination is Heathrow airport and not central London, my suggestion above should be ignored.

The National Express coach from Warwick Parkway mentioned above is a viable option (and some X17 buses go to Warwick Parkway if you don't want to pay for a taxi). I'd also consider the hourly Cross Country trains from Coventry and Leamington Spa to Reading (about 1 hr from Leamington Spa), transferring to a Railair coach to Heathrow (38 to 51 minutes, depending on which terminal). http://www.railair.com/timetables.php

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Warwickshire to London

Thanks everyone for all these extremely helpful travel tips! :) I am leaning towards taking a taxi or Stagecoach X17 to Warwick Parkway, and then the National Express coach direct to Heathrow.

For my trip to my Warwick hotel from London on a Sunday, I will probably take the train (either Chiltern or Virgin), followed by Stagecoach X17 to the hotel.

dzug1: My flight is on a Tuesday,

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Warwickshire to London

Sunday rail travel is notoriously unreliable on Sundays in Britain due to track repairs, with many services replaced by buses!

You would be much better off getting the airport bus in both directions, unless you intend to stay in central London for a while.

Moreover, if you do travel by train, book a.s.a.p. to get the cheapest fares. Check out Virgin Trains:

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Warwickshire to London

Are u going for the CIMA lecturer's conference ?

Reply to: Warwickshire to London
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted