We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hatton Locks Lower Car Park ££££

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Hatton Locks Lower Car Park ££££

As reported in the latest review of Hatton Locks the lower car park is now £4.50 a day or part of after 10am and £6.50 before 10 am, presumably because of the train station near by, whilst the top car park remains at £1.20 for a day or part of. Having been warned of this I parked on the Budbrooke Trading Estate and walked down the path under the A46, adding around 200 metres to the walk up the locks. The estate is busy during the week but the day I went there were quite a few parking spaces on the road through and at weekends it is quiet, apart from the learner drivers who use it. Note also that the passageway round the back of the Shell garage part way up the locks has been closed off during the renovations. So if you want to join the canal at this point you would have to get over the 2-3 foot wall instead or slide down the bank from Ugly Bridge Road.

3 replies to this topic
1. Re: Hatton Locks Lower Car Park ££££

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 January 2016, 21:29

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hatton Locks Lower Car Park ££££

Two corrections to my previous posting:

The charges for the car park are £4 and £6.

There is a path from the far left hand side corner of the Shell garage forecourt (the Ugly Bridge Road side) down to the towpath.

As I walk up the locks quite frequently I may park there and pay the £4 to put some cash into the CRT funds as a thank you for the work they do.

Bob

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hatton Locks Lower Car Park ££££

Sorry but this is a bit vague!

I went up the locks a couple of weeks ago and meant to update this but have only got round to it now. The prices for the lower car park have been changed. To the best of my memory before 10:00 am (may be 10:30!) it is £4.50 for as long as you want, after 10:00 it is 1.50 for up to 3 hours and 3.50 for over 3 hours, I think.

I will update this next time I go up but wanted to post notice of changes.

Bob

Reply to: Hatton Locks Lower Car Park ££££
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Warwickshire