We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

80th birthday party and real ale

Which Stratford-upon-Avon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
80th birthday party and real ale

Hi

I am organising a family visit to Stratford to celebrate my mum's 80th birthday around the August bank holiday. I am based in Salisbury so I don't know Stratford. We have arranged 2 appartments in the centre of town, a trip to RSC on the BH Monday and will spend Sunday at Warwick Castle. I wanted to have Saturday lunch somewhere that can cope with a diabetic and 2 kids with food intolerances and I think it would be special to have a private room (there are 10 of us, inc 2 kids, 1 teenager). I thought of No 9 Church street as reviews look good, However, one of the party wants real ale and "not somewhere too poncy" and doesnt like the look of 9 Church Street. Help! Is there anywhere that can adapt their meals, provide real ale and a nice "private" atmosphere?

ps I wonder the best way to get a private guided tour of the town and how you organise it?

thanks for looking.

1. Re: 80th birthday party and real ale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 02:05
Stratford-Upon-Avon...
Destination Expert
for Stratford-upon-Avon
Level Contributor
463 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 80th birthday party and real ale

Hi,

http://www.stratfordtownwalk.co.uk/ offer private guided tours.

The Vintner in Sheep Street has a separate dining area upstairs with a large table. It's quite cheerful in there, and not particularly "poncy" but may not serve real ale.

The One Elm can maybe tick all the boxes except the private dining.

If you are happy with a country pub, the Bell at Welford could probably give you a table in one of the pub's many nooks and corners.

You would have to ask any of them about the dietary requirements.

HTH

David

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 80th birthday party and real ale

thanks for the tips - it is really kind of you to respond! I will pass this on to the rest of the family.

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
178 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 80th birthday party and real ale

The One Elm does have its' own dining room upstairs for around 12 - 13 people, we noticed it the other week when we were dining there. They do a great Sunday roast.

For mixed age family parties, we always go to The Old Thatch Tavern in town. Central, good food and 10 of you would almost fill the small restaurant. Plus real ale and not at all posh, very down to earth. The landlady is very accomodating and am sure she would come up with food to suit.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 80th birthday party and real ale

thanks for replying

my mum has now booked one elm - who were very helpful on the phone. All the advice is very appreciated

+

6. Re: 80th birthday party and real ale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2012, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Stratford-upon-Avon