We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Festival

Stratford-Upon-Avon...
Destination Expert
for Stratford-upon-Avon
Level Contributor
469 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Food Festival

If you're thinking of visiting this weekend, It's the food festival this Saturday.

A large marquee has gone up in the market place, and I hear there will be a French Market on Henley St.

I think there are other things going on as well, but as usual, information is almost impossible to find, with no mention on the pathetic websites that our council tax money gets spent on, and nothing in the Herald.

But based on past years' experience, it should be worth a visit.

Stratford-upon-Avon, Cotswolds...
1,294 Reviews
from US$135.40*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Bath, Cotswolds...
670 Reviews
from US$134.70*
US$149.70
Likely To Sell Out
Oxford, Cotswolds...
90 Reviews
from US$206.70*
Special Offer
Oxford, Warwick Castle...
352 Reviews
from US$127.00*
US$141.10
west midlands uk
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food Festival

Thanks for that, Im visiting tomorrow as well as Wellsbourne market - so wil look out for that!

I did look at the council website - couldnt find anything i was after!

Alison

west midlands uk
Level Contributor
154 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food Festival

I enjoyed visiting the food fair today - the farmers market was very good and the food hall was nice to browse in, french market was a nice atmosphere. There was a very nice stall selling med olives etc...

Are these events a regular?

Alison

Stratford-Upon-Avon...
Destination Expert
for Stratford-upon-Avon
Level Contributor
469 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food Festival

Hi Alison. Glad you enjoyed your visit..

The food festival seems to be an annual event. The Farmer's market is every fortnight.

The next major street event is the Mop Fair, and then there are usually evening Christmas markets in November.

I'll post the dates here when I discover them (obviously this information is a closely guarded secret ;))

David

4. Re: Food Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 21:21
Get answers to your questions about Stratford-upon-Avon