We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Porridge Pot - Terrible Service

Which Warwick hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
The Porridge Pot - Terrible Service

Restaurant next to the Holiday Inn on Stratford Road ajacent to Junction 15 of the M40

The Porridge Pot, Stratford Road, Warwick.

This has got to be one of the worst places for service that I've ever been to. The staff are friendly enough and the food is OK but there seems to be no system in place for dealing with customers.

You can wait for 5-10 minutes waiting to be seated, staff wander past and ignore you. Once seated I had to wait about 25 minutes before any staff member asked to take my order. Food delivery was also slow but the main problem is the staff do not pay any attention to the guests.

I watched as people waited in the doorway for 10 minutes with no acknowledgement of their arrival.

I tried again the next night but the service was just as bad. I waited 1 and a half hours for some pasta that never arrived. I left and got a hot dog elsewhere!!

On the plus side: The food was OK

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Porridge Pot - Terrible Service

Hi TurkT

I was there yesterday lunchtime (Nov 13) and 'The Porridge Pot' appears to be a carvery !!! As a help yourself buffet, I just sat down and a waiter appeared in seconds, took the order, brought the drinks and I picked my own food from the selection on offer. Roast beef was rare - very tasty

Having said that, the place was empty (10-12 people) in a cavernous bar/restaurant area ! Perhaps they'd read your review ?

Warwick
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: The Porridge Pot - Terrible Service

As Someone who lives in Warwick i am Discussted at this place

Over half an hour to be fed two sausage sandwiches on dry bread

Ralph of Warwick

Warwick
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: The Porridge Pot - Terrible Service

Can't agree more. This is a terrible place to have a meal. Customer service is appalling and complaints to the manager are brushed aside. We will definitely NOT eat here again and wouldn't recommend it to our friends.

April 2008.

Warwick
Level Contributor
404 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Porridge Pot - Terrible Service

Go past the Porridge Pot towards Warwick there is a pub called the Racehorse far better value, fresh food and only 2/3 mins off Junc 15.

england warwickshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Porridge Pot - Terrible Service

i live in warwick and i no wot u r goin on about. we went 2 the carvery we got seated but then waited half an hr 4 our drinks 2 get 2 our tables

coast
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The Porridge Pot - Terrible Service

AVOID AVOID AVOID and take a short ride into Warwick where there are lots of restaurants. I believe the only reason this restaurant is still open is that it can rely on short stay customers who are unaware of its reputation. We are usually easily pleased when eating out so believe me when I say avoid. We saw people walking out and witnessed other tables complaining about their expensive food. Some of us had the carvery and some off the menu, all terrible! You could bang the stale hard cold roast potatoes on the table and dont bother with yorkshires rock hard! The vegetables were dry and left standing to almost cold the whole thing was disgusting. No childrens drinks or desserts they have to pay off the adult menu (never had this before in a family restuarant) The meals off the main menu were not what was described items missing, when we raised this we were told they had ran out (why not tell us when we order). The white wine was served with screw lid on, warm, no attempts at chilling (not cheap either). A salad was lettuce leaves, 1 quarter of tomato and 3 half! slices of cucumber thats it! Anyway wont go on just dont bother. (The hotel next door was lovely, no complaints at all)

Pickering England
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Porridge Pot - Terrible Service

Aren't there places for restaurant reviews on TA-this would be better there

Way
UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Porridge Pot - Terrible Service

Why are people eating in dreadful 'chain' restaurants when a mile down the road is the most fantastic selection of independent, interesting establishments. Get a life, travel a little further and enjoy decent food.

Warwick
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Porridge Pot - Terrible Service

Why did you go back the next night?

Warwick
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Porridge Pot - Terrible Service

Why did you go back the next night?