We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the porridge pot

Dublin
1 post
Save Topic
the porridge pot

Ive jst been reading a few of the reviews of the porridge pot and i couldnt help but laugh at a few comments made. I myself manage a resturant and understand how one works.

To start off with the first review about waiting 5 mins for your drinks... In a restuerant like the porridge pot once your waiter has taken the order it gets onto the bar...now if there is one barman then it is like a food order in the kitchen... your drink order will be done as soon as it can be. Now there may be other orders in front or customers to be served at the bar but all you have to do is have a bit of patience and wait . 5 mins is nothing.

Secondly if that table you were put on was of any inconvinience then maybe you should have asked to be moved closer to the Carvery? instead of the toilets... or would you have been happy if the toilets and the carvery were next to each other ?

Anyway moving on i believe the Porridge pot is not anymore the ''kid friendly'' place it used to be. You aint allowed to have kids running about all over the place and making mess anymore and fair enough it wants a new image. It aint the law to have kids drinks or a kids menu so its the companys choice. The porridge pot is a company run place i believe and therefore doesent decide what it sells so if anyone has an issue either write to their head office or don't go there.

Ive have been 3 times myself . The first time was over a year ago and i agree the place was awful but ive been twice since then and as i understand it is under new managment. The staff were smiley and the food was perfect. As i was paying i heard 3 other people complimenting the food and service so it aint all bad.

You always get customers who will moan at anything and therefore take it out on the staff. People who are impatient and think there god in the resturant and they come before everyone else . I recommend the porridge pot to anyone as its cheap chearful and serves decent food. For anyone who don't like it then dont go there is my answer.

Stratford-Upon-Avon...
Destination Expert
for Stratford-upon-Avon
Level Contributor
468 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the porridge pot

If people don't like it (and apparently many don't) then they should continue to feel free to describe their experiences here, so that other members can read and make their own choice.

A "cheap and cheerful" restaurant that discourages families is not likely to thrive around here, and your image of kids "making mess" is more to do with your own prejudices than anything else.

You say you've been 3 times. How about posting some other forum entries about your visits from Dublin? Sometimes, when a new member registers just to make a sole contribution defending a particular establishment, it almost looks as if they might have a vested interest.

2. Re: the porridge pot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 01:16