We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation-London to Warwick to York

Which Warwick hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation-London to Warwick to York

After several days in London, we would like to go to Warwick Castle and then continue to York. Is this possible to do in one day by public transportation? I want to be realistic and not be too rushed. We will spend two days in York. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mary

1. Re: Transportation-London to Warwick to York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 October 2015, 15:58
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation-London to Warwick to York

London Marylebone to Warwick 1 hour 25 minutes; for the onward journey to York you can also leave from Warwick station and change at Leamington Spa. Neither Warwick or Leamington Spa stations have left luggage facilities!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation-London to Warwick to York

Thanks so much for your help. I didn't think about our luggage....that poses another dilemma. We are traveling light, but each of us will have a carry on. Any suggestions? Thanks again!!

4. Re: Transportation-London to Warwick to York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 October 2015, 15:51
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation-London to Warwick to York

Thank you so much for your help!! I will try the tourist office. I did check into hotels in Warwick, because that might make the most sense. We won't have to rush.

Thanks again for the responses!!

Warwick
Level Contributor
404 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation-London to Warwick to York

Check out Park cottage in Warwick

Link tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186400-d5687…

You wont be disapointed, Plenty to see in Warwick at night or take a bus to Stratford.

Warwick
Level Contributor
404 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation-London to Warwick to York

link to 2 for 1 voucher

www.visittheheart.co.uk/vouchernew.aspx…

Print off voucher.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation-London to Warwick to York

Thanks for all the responses. They've all really helped. I have inquired about staying at Park Cottage, it looks great, however it's late notice, so I'm not too hopeful...But you never know!

Is it necessary to book train tickets in advance? It looks like the fares are better in advance, but it's not very flexible. Is it likely the trains would be full and we wouldn't be able to get from one place to the other if we just show up when we want to go? We'll be travelling in August.

Thanks,

Warwick
Level Contributor
404 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation-London to Warwick to York

Book train in advance as they always cost more on the day.

If Park is booked up look at the Tudor House hotel 15th century Elizabethan. I will try and find a link.

Warwick
Level Contributor
404 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation-London to Warwick to York

www.thetudorhousewarwick.co.uk

Remember it is over 500 years old and survived the great fire of Warwick.

If you stop in Warwick talk a walk to St Marys church and look inside. I wont say why as i dont want to spoil the visit or do google search if you want to know why.