We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

warwick castle

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
warwick castle

i have a half price voucher for warwick castle but want to try the dungeons and merlin attraction, can I buy these separately from the main castle ticket. There's no information on line and an automated answer machine on the telephone!!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: warwick castle

Apologies if this is a duplicate reply.

Logic says they will take your money off you for the dungeons and merlin wotsit once they have got you there. Why wouldn't they? Is there an email address where you can ask the question?

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,899 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: warwick castle

By "the merlin attraction" do you mean the merlin pass? If you shell out the big bucks for that, then your admission to Warwick and the Dungeons is "free," although PLEASE do the math, as it is almost certainly cheaper to use your half price ticket.

The London Dungeons is in London. There is a similar (really similar) attraction within Warwick Castle. Neither "Dungeon" experience is worth doing, IMHO.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: warwick castle

Yes, you can get tickets for the extra attractions at the gate.

The Merlin experience opens at Easter, I think. If you are planning on going during the school holidays or on a Bank Holiday, please get there as early as you can, especially if the weather is good, as it gets really busy. The car parks are often full before lunch time.

4. Re: warwick castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 November 2015, 17:32
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
589 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: warwick castle

As far as I know the ghost tower, that was then turned into the princess tower (which I thought a poor use of castle space for dressing up) is now the Merlin Dragon Tower.

The original dungeon is still open for viewing. I have not been round the "castle dungeons" I refuse to pay the £8 extra charge, I believe takes up the space of the hall that once contained all the armour (the armoury) as I can imagine they will have used the rack that was once there.

6. Re: warwick castle

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 March 2012, 10:35
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,118 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: warwick castle

Hi

Confused to which ticket to buy for Warwick Castle, we are two 40 something ladies interested in the history and structure of the castle, surely we don't need the Dragon Tower and Dungeons pass ? is that just for kids ? Or is it best to buy the full pass ?

8. Re: warwick castle

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 November 2015, 17:33
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,118 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: warwick castle

Thanks so much Diz ! I got my 2 for 1 vouchers today from WH Smiths , we will be driving ... cheers!

10. Re: warwick castle

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 13:15