We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jousting at Warwick Int Riding School

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Jousting at Warwick Int Riding School

Couldn't find where to post this so thought I'd just mention it here!

We got daughter (grown up) a red letter day jousting experience for Christmas and used it a week or so ago. What a fabulous day it was for all of us. She was in a group of about 20 people of all ages and did tilting at the ring and quintain, sword fighting (at one point with a real sword!), archery and then a jousting tournament in the afternoon, all dressed in costumes to dd to the flavour!.

As spectators we sat in the viewing stand and looked on and made encouraging noises. The whole day (from 9.30 until about 6) was organized wonderfully and the instructors were great (to say nothing of the the divine Mr Martinez and his smouldering good looks). There is a pub about 10 minutes walk away for lunch.

I would highly recommend this day event for anyone who can ride a little and wants to play dressing up and pretending to be knights for the day!

Essex
Level Contributor
28,186 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jousting at Warwick Int Riding School

Sounds hilarious-but-good!!!

Can you post a link??

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jousting at Warwick Int Riding School

This is the link to the Knights of Middle England site who run the events. We booked the day through Red Letter Days but you can book direct with the School: http://www.knightsofmiddleengland.com.

Let me know if you want more details.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,186 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jousting at Warwick Int Riding School

I thank thee, good Lady of Doncaster!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jousting at Warwick Int Riding School

A pleasure my leige.

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jousting at Warwick Int Riding School

Looks like fantastic fun! Thanks for sharing

6. Re: Jousting at Warwick Int Riding School

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 03:18