We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Options for venue/room for 40th Party....

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Options for venue/room for 40th Party....

I am trying to find some ideas of a venue for a Masquerade Party, and have had to cancel my original venue, due to being completely messed around.

I was originally looking for venues that I could exclusively hire out, like Stately Homes etc...but these are proving either too expensive or too far out for guests to travel.

So, now i am looking at hotels etc with a really nice function room. OR a nice bar that is large enough to accommodate 70 people that i could hire out exclusively.

I have looked/made enquiries with at least 30 places around Birmingham, but just wondered if i am missing any that do not automatically come up on a search...like a strange weird place with a great room!

So if anyone has any ideas, please post.

I am looking at either Bham City Centre or just outside, so Sandwell, Halesowen etc...

Thanks!

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,253 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Options for venue/room for 40th Party....

How about Highbury Hall.

This was built by Joseph Chamberlain MP in 1878.

I went to a murder mystery event there a few years ago and it is a lovely old building

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/highbury

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,253 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Options for venue/room for 40th Party....

Or how about the Hotel Du vin in Birmingham City Centre.

This hotel is right in the centre, near the Cathedral and Snow Hill train Station.

This is a lovely old building (it used to be the old Victorian Birmingham Eye Hospital) and the web site says it has a room that can take 100 people

www.hotelduvin.com/locations/birmingham/

p.s. Good thing about this hotel is that if it cant take all your guests (or people don't want to stay there) there is a Premier Inn hotel just a few yards away. Many other hotels nearby as well.

Edited: 29 November 2013, 16:12
Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Options for venue/room for 40th Party....

West Midlands safari park has a really nice manor house often used for corporate events and weddings - unusual and memorable venue! Other than - the botanical gardens, or the ICC in the same complex as

Symphony Hall. The Burlington hotel right in the city centre, or there's a huge selection of hotels along the Hagley Road with function rooms.

Prices can get steep so make sure you barter with them all!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Options for venue/room for 40th Party....

Hi,

I have in fact now booked Highbury Hall....

Thank you all....

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,253 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Options for venue/room for 40th Party....

Always nice to know when one of your suggestions is acted upon.

Highbury Hall was my suggestion back in November.

6. Re: Options for venue/room for 40th Party....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2015, 21:15